So its June now and that must mean its about time to reassess my goals for the year.
As might be expected I am not wholly pleased…
- Weight – 12 stone or less
Actually this is one area I have started making progress in. W has started a low GI diet and it is helping me drop closer to my target.
- Exercise – 5x brisk 20 min walks/ week; 1x 30 mins swimming/week; 20 sit-ups 6x/week; 5mins shoulder stretches everyday & 5 mins knee stretches everyday
Sigh. Such good intentions- such regular failure. I do manage to walk most days of the week but if I manage one set of sit-ups and one of either knee or shoulder exercises per week I am doing well. I am still failing at swimming
- Mindfulness – restart some meditation practices
- Housework – This will also involve a schedule, scrubbing & hoovering
Um I do housework… but it remains ridiculously disorganised and I still have managed to get back to my 2 house rota
- Conferences & Publication – 2 Conference papers, 2 + articles, monograph proposal…
I have given 1 paper & rewritten it to the extent I let some other people read it. The next paper will be this weekend. I started writing an article but don’t think I have written fast enough to get it in the journal I wanted so may have to do something else with it. Feeling guilty about not having submitted a monograph proposal though
- Job – at least 1 application per month
I have applied for 2 fellowships and 3 other jobs so far this year. Both fellowships were no gos, neither of the office jobs even asked me to interview and I’m not very hopeful about the brewery job either. Sigh.
- Holidays – At least 1 new Munro (with B?) & 1 city-break with W
So far the 3 of us went to Cornwall together and I have a hol in Scotland (with mountains) booked with B. Finding schedule/time to do something positive with W is proving harder
- Irish – Start learning to speak it..
Um occasionally I think I have learnt a new word – but actually I feel guilty about neglecting my greek and latin so am going back to them a bit more often